Last updated: 17/7/2023
1. What is a Cookie?
Cookies are text files that contain small amounts of information that are downloaded and installed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are sent back to the original website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes them.
2. What types of cookies are used on the website?
Based on their purpose, cookies can be:
- Technical cookies: These allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, including those that the editor uses to allow the management and operation of the website and enable its functions and services, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, manage payment, control fraud linked to service security, carry out the request for registration or participation in an event, count visits for the purposes of billing software licenses with which the service operates, use security elements during navigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound, enable dynamic content (for example, loading animation of a text or image) or share content through social networks.
- Preference cookies (or personalization): These allow remembering information so that the user accesses the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to show when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which the user accesses the service.
- Statistical cookies (or analysis or measurement): These allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked, including the quantification of the impacts of advertisements. The information collected through this type of cookie is used in measuring the activity of websites, application or platform with the aim of introducing improvements based on the analysis of the data use made by users of the service.
Depending on who uses them, the cookies deployed on the Company’s website may be:
- Own cookies: this type of cookies run on the user’s terminal from a domain or computer managed by the Company.
Depending on the time they remain activated in the user’s terminal, the cookies used on the Company’s website may be:
- Session cookies: that collect information from the user while browsing the Company’s website.
- Persistent cookies: this type of cookies collect information from the user who accesses the Company’s website for a certain period of time.
3. How to uninstall cookies?
The user can freely decide whether or not to install our cookies on their hard drive, as well as delete them, following the procedure established in the help section of their browser. The user can also configure their browser to accept or reject all cookies by default or to receive a notification on screen of the receipt of each cookie and decide at that time whether or not to install it on their hard drive. Below, we provide the links to device and browser manufacturers for managing or disabling cookies on most browsers:
Google provides users with a tool that allows configuring the information sent from the main browsers to Google Analytics. You can download the tool from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- For Internet Explorer: in the menu option: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings. To learn more, visit the following link.
- For Google Chrome: in Options > Advanced Options > Privacy > Cookies. For more information, visit the following link.
- For Mozilla Firefox: in the menu option: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies. To learn more, visit the following link.
- For Safari: in Settings > Safari > Block Cookies. To learn more, visit the following link.
- For Opera: in Settings > Advanced > Privacy and security > Content settings > Cookies. For more information, visit the following link.
The fact that the user configures their browser to reject all cookies or specifically our cookies may mean that it is not possible to access some of the services and that their experience on our website may be less satisfactory. If you want to have more control over the installation of cookies, you can install programs or add-ons to your browser, known as «Do Not Track» tools, which will allow you to choose the cookies you wish to allow.
4. How can you exercise your rights?